Soler-ing nicely

Soler-ing with a kilometer to go!
www.cyclingnews.com


The Giro is getting exciting! Columbian grimpeur, Juan Mauricio Soler(Barloworld) took off in yesterday’s mountainous Stage four (Padova-San Martino di Castrozza) with 2 kms to go and almost won. It’s a relief to see the tall & lanky climber rebound from a crash on Stage two. He showed that he had the legs and form to go for it but ran out of hard climbing real estate. Danilo Di Luca(LPR) came charging past Soler and gave the crowd his ‘killer’ look to steal the stage victory.

Soler said, “I’m happy with today’s performance. Since I showed I have good legs in the mountains. Following yesterday’s crash I wanted to test my form on the last climb up to San Martino di Castrozza and I felt good. Unfortunately the finale was not so tough and I didn’t manage to distance the other riders and win. But I’ll try again tomorrow!”

At last year’s Tour de France, he had to abandon due to injuries from a fall and I can’t help but believe the Columbian is finally back on the high roads to success!

Giro d’Italia, Stage four:

1. Danilo Di Luca (LPR) 4.15.04
2. Stefano Garzelli (Acqua & Sapone)
3. Franco Pellizoti (Liquigas)
4. Juan Mauricio Soler (Barloworld)

Comments