Inside the crazy Tour with an Ale!

It's not sooo crazy after this beer!




While living in Laval Quebec, back in 2003, I picked up this very informative account of the Tour. Entitled, La Folie du Tour 1903-2003, it coincided with the centennial celebration with Lance Armstrong winning a record tying fifth Tour.

The beer is a rich brown ale called, Black Toque IPA from Phillips brewery, in Victoria BC. Hints of chocolate (that's what I tasted) in a 6.5 % warm blanket sent me in a comfort zone. It's simply delicious. I've tried a few products from Phillips and they're among my favorites.


I love this image...
The sign in at the Dinan-Brest stage, 1927 Tour.



This excellent magazine is divided into three relevant sections: La course du siecle, Ennemis intimes & La societe du Tour dotted with rare images. As we all know, the French love their Tour and here in this magazine it shows.

With help from Carolle, she'll be helping me translate these interesting articles and over time I'll present them on my blog!

Comments

Martin said…
The coverage of this magazine is fantastic !
I'd like to find it as a poster.