Friday File: In the Fridge, Mods, Adieu Jimmy & 38 Years of Marinoni

Mods unite...
Wiggo & Weller
gigwise.com/news



Friday File time and today, I'm joining forces with a special edition of In the fridge to show you a new beer...

A short drive north of Vancouver is the well known ski resort of Whistler. Also, it's a haven for mountain biking and did you know, producing tasty beer.

From Whistler Brewing Co. comes Powder Mountain Lager, 5% of pure tastiness. I love the lightly hopped lager. And, this might be coincidence, last week I watched 2012 movie, The Grey starring Liam Neeson. That's the rather dark movie about his fight against wolves in Alaska. Powder Mountain Lager has the wolf howling as the logo. Watching the movie, I found myself pulling for the wolves.



3 cheers err ... howls!



Remember Paul Weller? How about Style Council? He is the Modfather. Thanks to Hans for sending me this cool link of Weller and Bradley Wiggins speaking Mod and more on BBC radio...


http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20759579 



2006 TdF fun...
Casper rides shot gun with Arnaud Coyot.
Caper won stage 1 and finished 135th out of 136.
smh.com.au


Sadly, one of my favorite and colorful riders, Jimmy Casper (Ag2r-La Mondiale) has decided to hang up his bike for good and retire at the age of 34. Seems no team wanted to offer him a contract for 2013. Well known as a pretty good sprinter and also for his funny shenanigans on the bike he also was twice lantern rouge (last placed finisher) in the Tour. He won a stage in the 2006 Tour with a culmination of 61 wins since his debut in 1998.


My Wellgo RC713 road pedals.



Here's my Wellgo RC713 road pedal update: I rode a short distance with it and find them sticky to disengage out of. A quick solution is with a little light oil in both pedals. Light weight (310 grams for both pedals) smaller platform than my old Shimano PD-A525 pedals will provide my future rides with a... positive spin!



MERRY CHRISTMAS GREETINGS FROM...


 ...Marinoni!



...and Campagnolo!



And one more...

To all drivers...
Let's keep it safe and share the road... together!


Comments

Empidog said…
Great for British cycling , but I was out in Cirencester a couple of weeks ago and a heckler passing by said to me "who do you think you are Bradley Wiggins " !!!???...shame really