Saving it for the worlds. An Albertan Welcome

Phil Gil all smiles after withdrawing today...
looking forward to the Worlds road race.
via BMC Racing





You can't fault Phil Gil for withdrawing from the Vuelta.

He finally won with the rainbow stripes on (stage 12), got a second place on stage 7 and a solid 15th on stage 14-the epic stage to Andorra. He climbed off his bike around the 54km mark of today's stage won by an excellent solo ride to France by Frenchman Alexandre Geniez (FDJ).


It was extremely cold yesterday and I was still a little bit cold this morning, so I didn't want to risk anything for the worlds. I also decided before (starting the Vuelta) that I was only doing two weeks - and if it was perfect, a little bit more. So it's not a surprise for me and the team

- Philippe Gilbert



France Rules!
Geniez rode victoriously into France!




Great crowds in Calgary. I'm very proud of the inaugural Tour of Alberta.


Sagan wins-his 22nd of the season!
via TourofAlberta


Top three...
Rohan Dennis, Brent Brookwalter, Damiano Caruso.




Comments