In Poel position

 


"A nice but hard day! We had four riders up in the front the whole day and everyone worked perfectly together. In the final phase I still had good legs and followed when Lutsenko went, and in the sprint I could finish it off. Really happy with the win and another hard, last day tomorrow. So let's see what we have left in the tank!"

-Wout Poels takes his first win of the season and leads in GC with one stage to go, Vuelta Andalucia.




Tour du Var

Wellens comes into Nairoman's view


"The last climb was very hard, very explosive, and I attacked. But on the more rolling part of the final, Tim Wellens came back on me. I knew that he had more power than me in the sprint and I finished second of this stage. Now I hope to be good again tomorrow and that I can try something again."
-Nairo Quintana. Second on stage 2, second on GC Tour du Var.

"Of course we are going full for the overall win but tomorrow's longer climbs are not in my favour. I expect that Arkea Samsic will go full and try to make it as hard as possible for us. In theory it's quite simple. I just need to follow Quintana's wheel. However, I will do everything I can to take home the overall win."
-Tim Wellens. Stage 2 winner and leads on GC going into Sunday's final stage.


Volta Ao Algarve



Comments