La Vuelta: ‘Go full gas until you die’

 


“Because the preparations was not really good, I didn’t feel good in the last weeks, it was a bit strange, not like the other years, but I was like ‘trust the process, and we’ll see’. When I took the start I was like ‘OK, the job is done so now I just need to race like I like to, and go for all.

I launched my sprint and I finished it on the line, but I wasn’t sure if there was some guys in front or not, so I did not put my hands in the air. It’s crazy. I can’t believe it. The last two days were really hard for me, and today I was goo. I said to Guillaume (Martin) ‘go full gas until you die’ and I take the win, so it’s crazy.”

-Bastien Tronchon stuns the field and beats the heavyweights to win a messy sprint to stage 10 into Elche de la Sierra



Comments