![]() |
Matthew Brennan claimed another stage victory to expand his impressive debut in a grand Tour. In the eleventh stage, the 21-year-old Briton was perfectly positioned by his teammates before finishing it off in style - a hat trick.
“ We did everything we could today to keep the pace as high as possible. Once we reached the final, we were in the perfect position. We did a great job in the final ten kilometers and stayed out of trouble. I’m in a team with some of the biggest champions, riders who have won Grand Tours and the biggest classics. It means a lot to me to have their trust and to see them ride for me. I”m happy I could finish it off.”
-Matthew Brennan
“I knew if I got to the last time of the climb, I had been feeling really good for the last week or so, and knew I’d have the legs to be able to do a good effort and at least be close to the win. I just needed to get myself in that position. I thought it hade nearly gone at the end, but yeah, I managed to have the legs to bring it back in the final.
I think I knew that this stage was going to kind of decide the whole week. I think a lot of people maybe didn’t expect there to be as big time gaps, but we did. I had to perform today to show that I was capable to come and ride for GC. So year, I’m quite happy with that.”
-Lewis Askey (NSN Cycling) blasts to victory on Stage 1 Tour of Britain.


Comments