What's in the fridge: A taste of Hell.



Hell tasted so good with this craft brewed amber ale called...
Crooked Coast!



One of my favorite books is Paris-Roubaix: A Journey Through Hell. The visual feast is the myriad of incredible images showing casing this amazing race.

Just like the phrase; 'Hell of the North,' invokes so much hardship mere mortals wouldn't want to tread. The primitive cobblestones of northern France provide a bone jawing dance for both bike & rider. For a better part of the long race, nature has her way and only teases each rider towards the finish line. The weather is a harbinger of hell changing the course muddy due to the wind, rain & snow. Or, a dust choking, blinding veil for the unlucky riders. L'Equipe writers and fans give each image a thought provoking glimpse. A pleasurable balance offering an important history of many great racers and their glorious deeds ...in a fine book!

Comments

Eric said…
I got this one for Christmas from my sister. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. It's definitely a great book. Excellent pictures combined with detailed insight into the work and dedication that is required to keep this race the one of a kind that it is.
Richard said…
It's a fantastic book on my favorite race!

cheers!
Jim said…
I have the book as well. There is a story from it on an early blog post of mine: http://400000milesandcounting.blogspot.com/2009/02/more-heart-than-you-can-stand.html
There's something about this race that really draws me in. I'm a climber, yet there are no hills in the P-R, just every other difficulty known to men on bikes.
Richard said…
I believe everyone that enters it is a winner!