A Giro Primer from Steve!

One big happy fan!



Today's my birthday. Ok, technically it's not until July but when I received this morning's mail I could swear it was!

Steve aka 'empidog' has graciously sent me over the moon with a package of memorabilia that is both overwhelming and jaw dropping wonderful. A few weeks ago he dropped me a line asking for my mailing address wanting to send me something. I was intrigue and couldn't wait. Days turned into weeks, I'd almost forgot all about it and this morning I received the package from the UK.

My jaw is still on the floor and I'm about to have it in traction as I pulled out the 'Esta The' barrier banner from the 2005 Giro from Stage 10,  Rossano Veneto finish line circuit! You may remember Robbie McEwen won that stage. I've never had a finish line banner, ever. And this one's so unique it's definitely NOT something you can purchase from any store. And this banner is not complete without the Giro pink cap! Add to this an autographed cycling card by former 1984 Giro Green Jersey holder, Flavio Zappi! And Steve pulled it off very well, this all coincides with the 93rd Giro d'Italia about to start on May 8th in Amsterdam. He mentioned to me that he's going over to see it.

Now, my heart is already palpitating and I have this clown like grin on my face as Steve has included a Lion of Flanders Flag from the Koppenberg in 2006. Very Belgian cool.  I'll have it to wave for next year's cobble classics. Round it off with a nifty little pin and cycling artwork and there you have it ...or I have it (with a smile)!

Again, many thanks, Steve. I'm now ready for the Giro!!!



Bellissimo!

Comments

Empidog said…
Excellent Picture Rich ..All the best...
Richard said…
Thanks Steve and have a great Giro trip, happy 'hunting!'