Oh Tuft!


Saturday in Devon Alberta, Svein Tuft repeated as Canadian TT champ. Tuft is back from the Giro and in form as he finished the  40 km course in 48:23.1. He comfortably beat out Zachary Bell (2nd, 1:49.2) & Ryan Roth (3rd, 2:43.9). Confident was the way the Garmin locomotive felt, "It was great to have Zach Bell as my two-minute man because when I started reeling him in at the turnaround I knew I was on good pace. Zach can roll pretty good on this type of course so I knew right then I was having a pretty good day."

Today the Canadian Road Cycling Championships switch to my former home town of Edmonton on the challenging river valley road course first used in the 1978 Commonwealth Games road race. The 180km course runs  through the rolling scenic river valley finishing in Hawrelak Park. I remember a 19 year old by the name of Phil Anderson winning that road race.

The Garmin duo of Tuft and defending Canadian road champ, Christian Meier will do battle. And this Canada day, July 1st, here in Vancouver the Garmin duo are expected to ride in the Yaletown Grand Prix criterium!

Comments