Marinoni Update: Happy Place

My 2011 Campagnolo Khamsin wheelset,
eye popping!



Yesterday was a particularly good day as Carolle and I drove over to see Damian & Simon of Peninsula Cycles.


Sneak Peek...
the new 2011 sleek redesigned Veloce derailleur...



I received an email that my 2011 Campy Veloce gruppo and Khamsin wheels are in. So, off we went to to Damian's shop in White Rock. The bike store always has an understated comfort, it's due to the welcoming laid back nature of the staff. On Saturday afternoon, we discover it was busy with a guy spinning on an Argon TT bike and folks waiting for repairs. Argon bikes are very nice and made in Québec. I like the bike shop, it's cozy and a beehive of activity. A good place to check out gear, chat ...and to see my gruppo. It's something about Saturdays & bike stores. A good combination. There was a huge friendly dog sitting in the back that lent a comforting feeling to it all.

Simon showed me the gruppo, all in the shipping box most still in bubble wrap. I picked up the rear derailleur, for the first time, and thought how incredibly light it is. The silver finish is beautiful and all I could think of how well it's going to look on my Marinoni. Simon said he can't wait to see it done up. Damian said it should be ready to pick up on Tuesday.

Simon asked me what color cable and tape I wanted. I just like the vintage look and will go for black cables & white bar tape.

As I was goggling over the Veloce gruppo I turned and behind me was the new 2011 Campy Khamsin wheelset. Black hubs, flat black spokes amazingly light. All I have to compare it is to my old heavy Mavic open sport rims. And soon, I will fly up the hills. I could hardly suppress my smile.

Waiting is well worth it!


that's Campagnolo's new Veloce 12-25 10 speed freewheel,
super light rims with flat black spokes...


joy inside the box...
not for long!

Comments

Empidog said…
Very Nice Rich.......not long now....
Richard said…
I've got goose bumps!