Marinoni Update: Please Stand By



I'm reminded of that clever introduction from the Outer Limits television series...

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture...


As you all know, your author is closer to finally realizing my dream of restoring my 1987 Marinoni. Yesterday, the plan was to go pickup the complete bike from Peninsula Cycles... now with a small delay.

Simon emailed me back mentioning that, now they're waiting for a correct Campy crank tool from Marinoni. The 2011 Veloce cranks is a brand new design requiring a tool they do not have. I don't know what tool it is but it sure is of paramount importance. He sent me a 'teaser' image of my chrome fork on the headset. It looks good.

One thing I'm learning is patience, and good things come to those who wait.



The teaser.

Comments

Empidog said…
They look like gold......
Richard said…
it's the color balance, but it will feel like riding on gold!