Beachcombing

I'm at Molly's Reach...


This morning, Carolle and I took a ferry over to picturesque Gibsons on British Columbia's Sunshine Coast.



Gibson's Landing...


We planned a Galstudio business trip to talk to Helene and her husband Graham. It was also a chance, for both of us, to finally visit Gibsons only 40 minutes ferry ride from Vancouver. It's hard to believe I never visited this pristine and beautiful town until now. Work pressed on and before time was up we had a small amount of time for a lovely nature walk and for me to see Molly's Reach Restaurant.

Gibsons was home for a popular TV series called, The Beachcombers. Starring Canadian icon, Bruno Gerussi it ran for 19 years on Canadian Broadcasting Corporation from 1972 to 1990. I, of course, grew up watching the weekly program about the West Coast. As a boy growing up in Edmonton, I quickly grew fond of the scenic seaside village on the edge of Canada. Gerussi was the fun loving log salvage guy (Nick the Greek beachcomber) always in confrontation with his arch rival, Relic.

Molly's Reach is the restaurant where the crazy characters would meet and gossip. Although, time was up and we had to catch the ferry back, I had Graham take a picture of me in front of the famous restaurant. We plan to be back in August for a craft show to sell our handmade cycling caps and recycled inner tube products... and to stop in and have the fish n' chips at Molly's!


Helene's bumper sticker,
More relax in Gibsons


The cast of The Beachcombers...
l to r: Relic, Molly, Nick, John Constable & Jesse Jim.



Comments