Monte Crostis: Going Down

Safety nets & mattresses...



This Saturday may just be one of THE challenging mountainous stage in this Giro. Four passes before going up the dreaded Zoncolan a total of 210 kilometers. Organizers will introduce the Monte Crostis with a tricky descent.

Race director, Angelo Zomegnan has said the Monte Crostis descent will go as schedule despite the meeting with some of the major riders including; Contador, Nibali, Millar, Cioni & Scarponi.

Contador previewed the climb last month and grimly said, "The drops there are tremendous. All I know is that even in a car, the descent puts your hair on end. I only hope nothing unfortunate happens that day. I am glad to have seen it, just to be able to get ready for it in my mind. But if it's raining or snowing... I don't even want to think about it."

Here's a video from Podiumcafe.com that reveals a very dangerous ....hair raising ride down!

Comments

Empidog said…
Netting and neutralizing downhills...I can hear Fausto spinning from here, brakes and brains dear boy......
Richard said…
Let's see who has the brains/brakes to ride smartly down it!