Peter Sagan Wins Stage 3

Sagan on stage after his winning performance.
"Now, what I want is to keep the green jersey to Paris."
Photo: Pascal Pavani 




Stage 3, Orchises-Boulogne sur Mer  197Km.


As the door opens...

Enter the young Mr. Sagan, accomplishing his second stage victory and pumping his arms like Forrest Gump.

"It's a thing I'd discussed with my teammates about what kind of gesture I'd do on the line. Everybody said, 'Do a Forrest Gump,' because when he was told to run, he ran. And when I'm told to win, I win."

Crass, showboating, disrespectful?

At only twenty-two and one of cycling's brightest star, he wins his second stage in his debut Tour by attacking with 300 meters remaining. He darted clear ahead of runner-up Edvald Boasson Hagen and third place finisher, Peter Velits.

What will Sagan do for an encore?...


Win another stage!


Full results.




The crash filled stage 3...

Comments