Friday File: Ferretti Masi Blue, GB Track & Women's Olympic Soccer

True Blue...
1971 Ferretti Squadra



If you are a loyal follower of my blog, you know my 1987 Marinoni is celebrating a quarter of a century!

It's the only bicycle I've kept with me all these years. Even moving with the frame to Montreal and back, a task made harder storing it. As I look back on it now, I was so close to Cycles Marinoni (Terrebone, QC) that it would be so simple to run it over and have it painted. Unfortunately, back then I wasn't in the same cycling mindset as I am now. My Marinoni is steel with the original chrome forks. A throw back when it was every bit common as carbon and aluminum bikes are now. I look at it everyday with admiration. And every ride is with joy. I have that warm fuzzy feeling inside.



My restoration project changed my Marinoni, along with a new Campy groupset, there's nothing better than a new paint job. How did I come to deciding on this medium blue?

I tried to match the medium blue of the Ferretti Masi's. Those were beautiful Masi's. Ferretti is an Italian kitchen manufacturer, sponsored a team from 1969 to 1973. It's famous claim was by the Swede, Gosta Petersson with his 1971 Giro victory. Here's a few wonderful examples from the vintage cycling blog: biccilettedecadence.blogspot


The 1971 blue Ferretti Masi...


My 1987 Marinoni...
The medium blue painted by Cycles Marinoni...

Courtesy from Hans Sipma






Looks like Great Britain is riding away, goldenly, in the Olympics...

Wiggins in the time trial, men's Pursuit Team (World record), women's Pursuit Team (World record) and women's Keirin... is there any way to stop them?


Victoria Pendleton
photo: Tim Ireland


Canada has advanced to the women's Olympic soccer quarter-final by defeating Great Britain, 2-0. I watched the exciting match and couldn't help but marvel how the team has matured under the guidance of coach John Herdman. The ladies are playing marvelously, ever since reaching a low point of finishing 16th out of 16 teams at the 2011 World Cup. Canada hasn't won any Olympic soccer medal  and now meet the US to a semi-final match Monday. If they win, a final gold medal game. A loss and it will play the loser of the Japan-France semi-final for the bronze. Olympic glory is upcoming!



Canadian success...
Christine Sinclair scores her 140th career goal!



Comments