Friday File: Our 17th, Go Catharine Go, Soccer Bronze, Muur Calling & Psycho

She's gonna rip it up!
photo: Sean Kilpatrick



Friday File time...

To start off, Carolle and I are celebrating our 17th anniversary tomorrow... knowing Carolle she will fill up our special day with good food to enjoy. I can already smell the BC blueberry lemon, lime pound cake cooling off in the kitchen!


We can only wish...


Also, tomorrow (4:30 AM) is Canada's main hope to win another gold... Catharine Pendrel. The final cycling events switch to mountain bike events at Haleigh Farm. She is the World No. 1, 2011 World Champion and current leader of the World Cup Series. And looking to improve from her fourth in Beijing, Pendrel said...


I know that I'm capable of a top three for sure. I know I'm capable of having a really great race... it takes a lot of factors to fall into place on the day. I think we've done the groundwork to have a great day.


Having watched what was one of the most exciting and skilled soccer matches ever, in my humble opinion, the US beat our Canadian ladies in a controversial referee-ed Olympic semi-final. But, Canada returned emotional down ...but not out! They took the bronze, an historical first Olympic medal, over the French. Guru coach John Herdman came in to turn the Canadian Women's soccer program around after a disaster 2011 World Cup. The results have been fantastic giving the Canadian ladies an emotional and physical toughness to compete with the best. The World Cup is coming here in 2015 and with plenty of hard work and hopefully lot's of new investment it's going to pay off... again!


Sunday means the Muur!


Tornado Tom Boonen is currently leading the Eneco Tour, with the ITT Saturday... Sunday promises to be a dramatic stage riding up the famous (so glad the organizers included this) Murr van Geraardsbergen. Tomorrow's ITT is 17km perfect for ...dragster Svein Tuft!


I'm heavily considering having some of my cycling art prints on the Red Dots Cycling website. I'll be working on the logistics! Here's a review of my artwork by thewashingmachinepost



One more...
Even psychos have some bike fun...
Anthony Perkins plays some early bike polo on the set of Psycho!





Comments