O Tuft it is!

photo: Graham Watson


Svein Tuft pulled a fast one...

...putting in a magnificent ride to win stage 6, ITT of the Eneco Tour and becoming the race leader. 20:25 over 17.4 km course to take his first WorldTour individual win of the season.


This morning when I did a little warm-up, I knew it was going to be a good ride. When I came across the line and saw my time, I was pretty surprised. I was hoping to have a really good time trial, bit I didn't expect to be in the leader's jersey at this point in the race. It's a great feeling.

We're in a really good position with four riders in the top six. This gives us a lot to play with, and they're all really strong guys. At this point, we haven't discussed a plan for tomorrow yet, but we have options when we have numbers on our side. I'm expecting a good battle.


The final long stage is tomorrow, 215 kms which classic fans will know... starring the Murr!


Stage 6:

1. Svein Tuft...  20:25
2. Taylor Phinney...  0:05
3. Lars Bloom...  :06

Overall:

1. Svein Tuft...  19:56:57
2. Lars Bloom...  0:04
3. Sylvain Chavanel...  0:16
4. Jens Mouris...  0:25
5. Luke Durbridge...  0:25
6. Sebastian Langeveld...  0:37


Comments