Paris-Nice: Rise and Fall. Tirreno-Adriatico: My Predictions

Lookout for the Terminator...
via CannondalePro




The hype is heating up for Tirreno Adriatico...

I'm not betting on Peter Sagan to win the race but he can win some stages. He says, "My objectives are further down the road and I'm here to find my best form." He's on electrifying form winning two stages of the Tour of Oman and the GP di Camaiore. So I believe he will pounce on the odd stage or two with Strade Bianche hero, Moreno Moser for a 1-2 combo punch.





My prediction for the top five are Evans, Nibali, Contador, Rodriguez & Froome.

My reason is Evans is ready, and together with Hushovd, Phinney and a strong BMC squad will help him win it. The Aussie is turning the pedals well. He piled on the pressure in the Tour of Oman, distancing Nibali and Contador on Green Mountain and finishing 3rd overall.

The opening TTT will be a battle of super squads BMC, GreenEdge and Omega. Last year GreenEdge made their first win in Europe looking very impressive. Their solid TTT team is back with Tuft, Impey, Goss, Lancaster ready to win again. Omega will have plenty of fire-power; Martin, Cavendish, Terpstra, Steegmans. My prediction for the TTT: BMC, GreenEdge and Omega.






 Paris-Nice and the French riders are having an awesome showing.

Impressive prologue win by Damien Gaudin (Europcar) and stage 1 sprint win by the brilliant, Nacer Bouhanni (FDJ). Unfortunately, race leader Bouhanni crashed at 60km on today's stage 2 putting a dent on his mouth and injured his arm as he hit the deck face first. He abandoned and the yellow jersey is on the shoulders of Elia Viviani (Cannondale).

One of my favorite sprinters, Marcel Kittel sprinted, with authority, to win stage 2 on a slightly uphill rise into CĂ©rilly. The German Rocket!

Paris-Nice results.


So, these are the two races I'll be following in the early morning... split screens for sure!




The Rise...



...and Fall of Bouhanni.



Comments