Tour de Chaos: Stage 1

From out of the chaos, a new star - Marcel Kittel takes the first 
yellow, best young and points jerseys.
"This is by far the greatest day in my whole life. I hope I can
sleep, I'm going to be pretty excited about tomorrow."



The frustration was in Ryder Hesjedal's words and face after the chaotic, perhaps the most chaotic Tour stage I ever witnessed.



Busgate



























"This was a really unfortunate situation. The bus was led under the gantry, and we took it for granted that there was enough clearance."


DS, Orica GreenEdge, Matt White.




"I'm lucky I didn't come down. What caused the problems was changing the finish. Like, we heard on the radio with literally 5K to go that the sprint was in 2K and then a K later, they were like 'No, it's at the finish. It's just carnage."


Mark Cavendish.



"I am fine. Someone didn't brake in front of me."


Alberto Contador



"The president of the race jury didn't do his job. When we (managers, riders) make a mistake we get a fine. Well, he should get a huge fine."


FDJ Boss, a very furious Marc Madiot.



 







Comments