Friday File: Giro di Burnaby, I have to get myself a Marinoni, Gone in the Wind & Tour of Alberta Teams

My series of the Giro di Burnaby...
All photos: Cyclingart





Last nite, I attended the Giro di Burnaby (part of the BC Superweek of cycling) with Mario and Guy and it was exciting night of racing. Germany's Florenz Knauer took the win. In all of the one hour and twenty minutes of fast-paced action, we couldn't help but cheer for a rider (no idea his name) that rode a steel salmon colored frame and dressed in black kit without any clear team logos. He was good and seemed handicapped  - we liked the underdog. I looked at my 39 photos I took and didn't get any of him. He stood out for us.

My Marinoni was the subject of interest. The blue seems to shine in the light. A reader of my blog saw my blue Marinoni and shook my hand as I recognize him from last year's race. He knew of my post on my retrofit and instantly recognized it, again. His last words before leaving, "I have to get myself a Marinoni."



That's Canadian, Will Routley riding for Belgium squad,
Accent Jobs...


At this corner was full of hay bales...


the riders were literally a blur!


Echelons forming.


Stage 12 was one of the most exciting stages call it the echelon cross wind assisted stage. Teams such as Omega, Belkin and Saxo took quick advantage and reacted like the wind distancing from yellow jersey holder Froome. Lost in the wind is Valverde losing chunks of time and dropping out of contention. I call it Skyfall part two - without manpower they were helpless. Whilst the magic spanner was thrown in today's stage the Tour is far from decided.





Exciting state of affairs; GC after stage 13...


1Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling51:00:30
2Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team0:02:28
3Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Team Saxo-Tinkoff0:02:45
4Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Team Saxo-Tinkoff0:02:48
5Laurens Ten Dam (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team0:03:01
6Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team0:04:39
7Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step0:04:44
8Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (Col) Movistar Team0:05:18
9Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale0:05:39
10Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) Katusha0:05:48
 Cavendish wins his 25th stage, Sagan was second and
looks the convincing winner of the green jersey.



SkyFall...
Joining Kiryenka on the sidelines is Boasson Hagen
via Scott Mitchell/Team Sky



Devil in the crosswinds at 136 kms
via TourdeFrance



Perfect Summer listening and reading...
Thanks to Guy
for the goodies!


Tour photos from...


Former pro Jacques Michaud, now BMC Program Coordinator, turned 61.
He won stage 18, Tour de France 1983.



Fresh drink on
stage 11, 1964 Tour de France.






The team list is confirmed for September's Tour of Alberta. Ryder Hesjedal said he will ride it.







Have a good Friday!





Comments