Friday File: Red Dots Cycling at Musette Caffe, Taking Flite, Cycling Nirvana, Trek Racing, Sagan's Wish List & It's All about the Bike

New classy dragon logo
All photos Cycling Art






It's Friday File...

Musette Caffe is the tops in supporting cyclists and their caffeinated cravings. You can ride over, and park your bike (literally) inside then fuel up and watch cycling highlights on the big screen. I dropped over to their newer Chinatown location with Carolle and our friend Helene. A first visit, a not last, for Helene who enjoyed the latte and scone. I, of course, enjoyed my favorite Cortado. What is also unique is the Vancouver location has a dry goods shop that sells cycling - notably our Red Dots Cycling caps, wallets, pouches & cyclingart cards. Another great reason to visit Musette Caffe!


For a limited time, Red Dots Cycling has 25% off sale on selected discounted caps and wallets. Hurry they are selling fast!





Open for business...
Musette Caffes' Dry Goods Store





Out with the old...





I'm retiring. No, I'm not retiring but I'm referring to my 28 year old San Marco Rolls for a Selle Italia Flite saddle. It was my only saddle ever on my 1987 Marinoni. It's hard to believe. I originally wanted a San Marco Regal. And, after discovering the Regal was out of stock I went for my second choice - the Flite. One thing I notice was how light the Flite (231 gms) is compared with my Rolls (389 gms). It's crafted in lovely leather and has a wide enough base to support my caboose. The true test will be my first ride with this new light weight Flite! I'll review this on an upcoming post.



  ... in with the new light weight.

231 gms!




The season is about to begin and one exceptional rider that, I predict, will tally more wins than last year, is Peter Sagan. Here is his race calendar up to July, note the 'best results' column!







Today's Cycling nirvana...

Andreas Klier over the cobbles
via Castelli Cycling



Here is the new Trek Factory Racing jersey by an unsmiling Spartacus.




This is cool...
Bike Rack in San Diego
via Timbuk2




Love this...
perfect for the space challenged
via Creme Cycles





Comments