Ian Stannard: First Flandrien Of The Season


Yogi takes it!




'I knew 300 m would be needed for the sprint, to wind it up a bit.'

- Ian Stannard



The soggy and crashed filled Omloop Het Nieuwsblad came down to a two-man sprint won by Ian Stannard over Greg Van Avermaet (ever the bridesmaid). The only glitch was my online feed,  surprisingly quit as the two gladiators approached the last meters. I missed the sprint and finish but caught it on replay. As for my prediction; my three Norsemen finished: Edvard Boasson Hagen (fine 4th), Alexander Kristoff (77th) and Thor Hushovd (crashed out at 92 km mark). Thankfully the God of Thunder escaped with no broken bones but the aftermath looked disturbing..








Dries Devenyns (8th) gets extra points for the battle harden look.
via Giant Shimano




Stannard cockpit
via Peloton Magazine





Tomorrow is Kuurne Brussels Kuurne and many of the players will be back to do battle on the cobbles - looking forward to watching it!



Comments