Review: Louis Garneau Revo XR3 Road Shoes

The stylish Revo XR3 road shoes.
All photos Cycling Art





After using my faithful seven year old Sidi Giau XC shoes for road riding, I have decided to buy a true road shoe. No disrespect to my Sidi's, they have held up strongly but my needs have shifted towards a wider platform specific sole. And, notably, I require a roomier shoe for my wide feet. I was dreaming of the day of no more numbness and hotspots. Enter the Louis Garneau Revo XR3 shoes.

Louis Garneau is a former professional cyclist from Québec City. For the past 30 years, a Canadian cycling icon that brings his own innovation to the cycling industry...





The vision of Monsieur Garneau





Thanks to the Internet for the reams of information on cycling shoes. If you are like me and indecisive, the choices will put you in a dizzying mindset. A few ibuprofen later, I decided on the iconic Canadian brand narrowing it down (staying within my budget) to the Revo XR3s. Unfortunately, my LBS do not stock the brand thus my need to shop online. The disadvantage is not trying before buying, I'm leery of this, as all brands have different sizing platforms. After researching size charts I chanced on EU45, just like my Sidi's, and purchase on Louis Garneaus' website














After receiving and trying on the Revo XR3s, the size was spot on with room for my toes and wide feet. Comfort city here I come. Originally I wanted the all white shoes but I remember Mario wisely saying to me white shoes will quickly dirty. I went for the classic black, stylish Revo's. These shoes are light (255g) and 3-hole and 2-hole cleat friendly. A good option for off road riding but perfect fit for my recently purchased Shimano SPD-SL pedals. One important feature, is the high-density nylon Ergo-Air 2 nylon outsole with seven multi vent system. That means, in the heat of the summer, these shoes will keep the feet cool and dry in times of suffering. Now, I've already tested them on four rides and these budget racers are very comfortable and perform very well due to their stiff sole. The micro-adjust ratchet and Velcro straps provides a tight and secure closure fit. Kudos to LG for throwing in a pair of replacement ratchet straps. And, key is that my numbness and hotspots have disappeared. 




Cool man...
LGs innovative 7-multivent system.





The true test is how well they will vent in the heat - another review upcoming. For now, I'm happily embracing the Louis Garneau Revo XR3 road shoes.




Comments