Mortirolo & moving on up to 13-29T







Aggressive and fearless is what Ryder Hesjedal's attack was before the steep Mortirolo climb limiting his losses to finish sixth 2:10 behind winner Mikel Landa and tenth overall 12:49 behind the untouchable Contador. True to form, Hesjedal has shown panache and more of his mountain prowess is upcoming. Forza Hesjedal!


Here in the lower mainland, we may not have the steep climbs like the Morirolo beast but we do have ridiculous short climbs like Indian Arm (at times 24%). This season, our FRFuggitivi squad will tackle some local mountain climbs (Cypress/Seymour) along with re-visiting the infamous Indian Arm. And this time, I want to suffer a little less. Timing couldn't be better. My old Veloce 11-25T is due for a change and I just installed a new Veloce 13-29T mated to a lighter chain. I decided on the Record Ultra narrow chain for key reasons; light weight (255g), strength, quietness and plus I got it for a better price than the heavier Veloce chain (272 g). It may be marginal gains but it will be fun to find out. The 29T should improve my sufferfest giving me a welcome low gear of 36 oppose to 41 (on my 25T). Details upcoming on a future post of my new climbing mis-adventures.

Here's GCN as they compare standard vs compact on the Mortirolo with exhaustive results...









Welcoming my new Campagnolo Veloce 13-29T and Record Ultra narrow chain and yes
I'm stubbornly sticking with my standard crank. 
photo Cycling Art

Comments