Taylor Phinney: Comeback.








After a devastating crash in last year's USA Cycling pro road championships, going through extensive rehab and applying a healthy abundance of humour the young BMC rider returns to the Tour of Utah. Last year he called his left leg, #FrankenLeg. And his new 'personality' was his way to cope and joke...

'I call my left leg Chris Froome and my right leg Andre Greipel. What I really want to do is put my right leg in a cast so then it can be like Chris Froome number two and then I can be super skinny.' 


The commitment to return to professional cycling level is utterly amazing. His physical therapy was sometimes up to eight painful hours a day. Then today at the opening stage of the Tour of Utah was his comeback and he did so as a victory. He finished in third, quite a ride... and quite a comeback. 










Tour of Utah, Stage 1: 1. Kiel Reijnen 2. Alex Howes 3. Taylor Phinney



Comments