Friday File: The feelings I had today are something I can't describe, Rollin in La Vuelta & Alberta bound

A TT victory.





Nelson Oliveira rode the last 27 kms exactly like the three-time time trailing champion he is and duly won stage 13 Calatayud-Tarazona. A genius move that resulted in his first Grand Tour stage win of his career. 


“This is the most beautiful victory in my career. I had won the Portuguese championship, such emotional successes for me, but the feelings I had today are something I can’t describe.
“It’s so good to share this joy with my team, from which I have always received a full support, not only today with the perfect help by Valerio and Rubén, but during the whole Vuelta and the whole season.”
- Nelson Oliveira

I've been following Dominique Rollin since his first stage win in the 2008 Tour of California. After his FDJ contract expired he was without a team for a year until Cofidis signed him to help Nacer Bouhanni. It's good to see him back and here's the revealing interview from Pedalmag at the first rest day in La Vuelta...







This is the first mountain stage in the Tour of Alberta: Grande Cache-Japser National Park, final kms,




Comments