Froome goes, Meintjes signs for Lampre-Merida & Bringing the Bling back



Chris Froome's goal to become the third rider to ever win the Tour/Vuelta double is over. On stage 11 he hit a barrier in the Pyrenees and limped in nine minutes behind winner Mikel Landa. The injured riders list seems to be growing. Could this mean his 2015 season is effectively over?








In a surprise move, Louis Meintjes has signed for Lampre Merida. I always thought he would extend with MTN Qhubeka.


“I think it will bring with it lots of new opportunities and the possibility to learn from a very experienced team. One of the reasons I decided on going to an Italian based team is because Italy has become my home away from home.”




Backstage Pass Stage 12...

Danny Van Poppel's first World Tour win.


“I actually thought I had it and then when (Van Poppel) passed me in the last 30-40metres I was heartbroken. There was nothing I could have done; he was coming faster than me."

- Daryl Impey




For ever reason, there's no live feed of the Tour of Alberta. So, I'm just following this race with tape delayed post coverage...

Orica GreenEDGE lost the TTT  to Trek Factory Racing by .74secs. They made up on todays wet stage 2...



Bringing the 'bling' back.


GC: M. Matthews 4:33:06 2. M.  Coldeman (:10) 3. C. Meier (st) 4. A. Yates (st) 5. J. Sergent (st) 
6. S. Tuft (st)

Comments