Summer Solstice Ride up Burnaby Mountain

This AM, nice and quiet...
The separate multi user bike/pedestrian path way. Car lane 
to the left and out of harms way.
All photos: Cycling Art





To harken in summer, I decided to ride up Burnaby mountain. It's one of my all time favorite rides. A steep 371m climb made comfortably with my 39x29T. The steepest pitch is really near the top up Gaglardi Way onto a separated multi-user path way (the steep part of the climb). It's smartly created to separate the 4-wheel kind from us bikers placing us out of harms way. Co-mingling is good but to a certain point. The summer solstice is the longest day of the year when there are approximately 17 hours of light. These days I don't have much time to ride as I'm getting ready to take a break at the end of this month. After June 29 I'll have sporadic posts into late July (that's the plan).

On my return, nearing my home something dropped unannounced through my left side helmet vent. It felt like a bee sting, yet I never found anything. May be something fell from out of the overhead trees? Now, I wished I have worn my cycling cap. Oh well... welcome summer!









Comments