queen stage fight fest







Hard to believe that today was Robert Gesink's first ever Grand Tour stage win. The Queen Stage was all that it promised with three riders duking it out on the final climb. On the final slope, it looked like slow motion ballet as Gesink surged passed Elissonde and Silin. Meanwhile, Quintana and Froome traded punches only to arrive  together. Simon Yates was incredible taking over a minute on his GC rivals and climbed up to fourth overall. What a stage... tomorrow will likely be another momentum changer.




"We escaped with a really big group, with a lot of really strong riders, and I was not sure I could do this. I kept on fighting. I could not sit down anymore because my legs were so cramped. It's been a top season, and I feel like I am really back."

- Robert Gesink








Simon Yates moves up to fourth.























Comments