Still the Greatest

Jocelyn Lovell





I recently discovered this short documentary - high on thrills and excitement. It rings close to me, growing up in Edmonton and remembering the 1978 Commonwealth Games. I was a young guy not into cycling but caught up in the games and fondly remembered watching on tv, the great Jocelyn Lovell win gold on the track. The velodrome was newly built without a roof an impressive outdoor velodrome. I think it really got my cycling juices flowing and captivated me. Jocelyn Lovell was amazing. On a side note; I have learned that Edmonton will build a new indoor velodrome part of an athletic facility scheduled for construction in 2018.  

This National Film Board doc also highlights the 1976 Olympics following the mighty German track team. This doc is a good mix of athletes and coaches. For me, The 1978 Commonwealth Games road race is featured with vintage looks of Phil Anderson and Pierre Harvey, two riders that will go on to much success. Enjoy Cycling: Still the Greatest






Comments