Flying Dutchman




"We haven't done even half of the climbs of this Giro. The climbs in the last week will make it very hard... but this day they won't take away from me. Now, I have an even bigger advantage. It's a really nice advantage, but we can't sit back and relax. We have to stay really focused and then we'll see what happens in the next week."
- Tom Dumoulin



















"I hope to gain time on him to Oropa, but instead Dumoulin gained time on me. It was harder than I expect, it's clear that he was the best today. I tried with all my forces and it wasn't enough. The stage ended in a different way than I expected. If I want to see the positive side, it's that we made a bigger gap to other contenders. So with these feelings I can do very well in the third week. I still have a good team and we will try everything possible to try to break Dumoulin, but for sure, he showed to be stronger than before on the climbs. But today is just one climb."
- Nairo Quintana




Clawing up Oropa...







Looming: Passo dello Stelvio...






Stelvio tunnel



Comments