King Jan of Mount Etna erupts and Stelvio waiting

On top of Mount Etna



What a ride for Jan Polanc (UAE Emirates) was part of a leading quartet that broke away early on to win on Mount Etna. Bob Jungels (Quick Step) is the new race leader.

"I am elated and so happy. Today's stage was very demanding and the climb was challenging, especially after having been in the front of the peloton for most of the stage. Towards the end I was exhausted however was determined to give it everything I had. I would like to thank the team, management and sponsors for their unwavering support. I underwent altitude training on Mount Etna back in March and April and it feels nice to be back here with a victory, I will proudly wear the Maglia Azzura and hope I can retain it for the remainder of the Giro. After 2015, to repeat the victory on the first mountain stage, it's incredible for me - I'm really happy."
- Jan Polanc



Today on the Stelvio pass..

With plenty of snow to clear, Stelvio stage is two weeks away.




Grand Tour man: Svein Tuft turns 40 today...



Comments