Stelvio and the Pippo & Pozzovivo factor





The Bormio Bomb:

Stage 16, Rovetta - Bormio will be the Queen stage. A monster of a stage. Riders will climb the Mortirolo (12.6km at 7.6%), the Stelvio twice (the Cima Coppi, 2,758m a 21.7km torture at 7.1%) and the Umbrail (13.4km at 8.4%). 



Torture test.










"The 16th stage between Rovett and Bormio will certainly be a decisive day of the Giro with the double ascent of Stelvio. Even for a climber, it will be very challenging! We are going to have a string of difficulties during the last week, everyone will have to be alert and fit. I have managed to make an impression at some of the races this season, and I am happy with what I was able to do at the recent Tour of Alps (3rd place). As far as the team is concerned, I know Matteo Montaguti and Hubert Dupont very well, but we have also found a good rhythm with the other riders as well. I am confident."

- Domenico Pozzovivo






"In addition to the "100th Edizione" printed on the top tube, the down tube will also feature the flags of the different regions of Italy that the Giro will cross during this 100th edition of the race."
- AG2R La Mondiale








"In this #Giro100 there are some stages that I like. I'll have to invent something, especially joining the breakaways. Racing on our roads in front of our supporters is simply amazing. I love the Giro and to me is better than the Tour de France. For all the Italians the Giro is a dream. Since I was a kid I wanted to become a cyclist. Be at the Giro it means a lot to me."
- Pippo Pozzato




Comments