Superman performance(s)

photo: Tim de Waele






It was a Superman performance by Miguel Angel Lopez on the steep mountain of Sierra Nevada. He won his second stage and is the strongest climber in the race. He is just 8 points from the KoMs classification currently held by Davide Villella of Cannondale-Drapac and a threat to take it. Notably, he leapfrogs four positions in the GC to 6th place at 2:51 and a real threat to podium. 



"It has been incredible. I've followed Contador when he attacked at more than 20km to go and I couldn't know if it was too early to go but my legs were ok so I said to myself 'let's try!' it went well."
- Miguel Lopez




















1-2 #rideargyle punch in Edmonton...


Stage 3. Tour of Alberta 1. Alex Howes 2. Wouter Wippert





"Coming into the final, it wasn't necessarily confusing, but I think a lot of guys were pretty gassed at the top. Wippert yelled at me to go and I had a little gap, and I just kept rolling it. He ran second, and I think he basically just let me win. I kind of had a rough spring where nothing seemed to go right. Things sort of came around after the Giro, and honestly I couldn't be happier getting results here in North America. Colorado is a hometown race for me, and up here in Alberta it's kind of like a northern brother of Colorado."
- Alex Howes





Comments