The Gorilla shakes the monkey off his back




Tour de l'Eurometrpole:


Hard to believe that Andre Greipel hasn't raised his arms in victory since the second stage of the Giro d'ltalia (May 6). That changed with his win in Saturday's Omloop Van de Westhoek.


" I am actually super-happy to have imposed myself here in Poperinge. It is true that I did not win much this season, but I was very often 2nd or 3rd, not because I was not there, but it is quite simply because there were runners faster than me, like Marcel Kittel, unbeatable at the Tour de France when I was in top condition. My season was not good enough, in my opinion, but there are things more important in life..."

- Andre Greipel












Today's final stage: Tournai, Hainaut:

A little to early victory salute for Anthony Turgis as Dan McLay rains on his parade and wins the Tour de l'Eurometropole.




The hat looks good on Dan McLay... time to celebrate








Comments