Friday File: King of the Mountains, les paves, Back in the win column

Four days in polka dots, 2015 Tour de France







I enjoyed this documentary of Daniel Teklehaimanot and the giants of Eritrean cycling: beautiful stories about great talent. Teklehaimanot is the first Eritrean to ride La Vuelta. In 2015, he and Merhawi Kudus became the first black Africans to ride the Tour de France. Teklehaimanot spent four days in polka dots KoMs jersey. Last year, he wore the blue mountains jersey at the Giro. As far as I know, he is without contract. I have a feeling he will be back with a team soon.

Enjoy!









Meanwhile on les paves...

Ag2R at work on les paves for Paris-Roubaix
via Instagram





Back in the win column...

John Dagenkolb wins the Trofeo Campos-Porreres-Felanitx-Ses Salines, Challenge Mallorca.
via Instagram




“I felt really good; the team did a perfect job to make a good sprint for me. I have good memories of this race because for me this was my first professional race in 2011. Today was a great revival.”

- John Dagenkolb



Comments