Back from heartbreak


















“I came back from real heartbreak from the Giro d’Italia and I am still in shock that I’ve managed to pull it off and it will take a while for it to sink in just what we’ve accomplished. I like to race on my instinct and I hope that I continue to do so and achieve more big results like today at the Vuelta a Espana.”
- Simon Yates





Michael Woods climbs on stage 17










Stage 21:
1. Elia Viviani 2:21:28
2. Peter Sagan
3. Giacomo Nizzolo
127. Michael Woods
152. Antoine Duchesne 1:30


Final GC:
1. Simon Yates 82:05:58
2. Enric Mas 1:46
3. Miguel Angel Lopez 2:04
4. Steven Kruijswijk 2:54
5. Alejandro Valverde 4:28
34. Michael Woods 1:23:13
127. Antoine Duchesne 4:29:30









Lucien Van Impe (6X KoMs TdF) made clear that he regrets that a true climber does not win the mountain classification. Thomas De Gendt sarcastically answered with a tweet:

"I'm starting to feel a bit ashamed that I won the mountain jersey, I'm sorry I'm in exclusive lists where I do not belong". 







Comments