Closer

 



Twelve years seems like an eternity since Sylvain Chavanel last won a stage in the Tour de France for Cofidis. Stage 6 up Mont Aigoual Jesus Herrada came close to knocking that monkey off their back. 

"I am happy with my performance but obviously a little disappointed that I could not fight for the final victory. There were some very good riders in the breakaway. It was hard to keep up the pace but I am happy that I managed to stay well placed and finish in 2nd place. Right now I'm very tired! I'm going to try to recover well to be in shape in the Pyrenees."

-Jesus Herrada. 2nd place.

"We continue our excellent start of the Tour de France. We wanted to have a rider in the breakaway and Jesus dit it. He was not far well placed in the decisive moments. In the final, I just followed the group of favorites. It was another good day for the team and for me!"

-Guillaume Martin. 4th overall.


Comments