Pulling the rabbit out of the hat

 


Utterly amazing. Tadej Pogacar crushes Primoz Roglic in the last stage before the finish in Paris. At one day shy of 22, he becomes the youngest post-World War ll champion, removing the 57-second lead that had made Roglic look unstoppable before the stage. Also amazing, this is Pogacar's first Tour.


"Unbelievable, unbelievable, my head will explode. I cannot believe how hard it must be for him. He must be devasted. But that's bike racing. I can't wait to cross the line in Paris."

- Tadej Pogacar.


Chapeau! A fantastic ride by Richie Porte assures him of third spot.

"I came here without real pressure. In the lockdown I didn't even think this race was going to happen. There's been so many years of disappointment, crashes and whatever and dramas. 

It's no secret that I will be leaving Trek-Segafredo. I had the world champion as my bodyguard and all the boys have played their part. It's incredible.

I missed the birth of my second child but my wife told me to race and said if she saw me sulking at the back of the peloton she would be upset with me. So to come here and finish third... this is sweet. This is a photo I will have on the wall when I retire. 

I am over the moon, this feels like a victory for me"

- Richie Porte. 





First-ever Tour win for Ernesto Colnago. 
A couple of employees will hop in a car and race it up to Paris for the final stage.






Comments