Ready for La Grand Partenza

 

Target: Maglia Ciclamino


The Giro d'ltalia is the first Grand Tour of the season that will start tomorrow with TT in Turin. 

Peter Sagan is here and although his future is not set there is speculation. His contract with Bora-Hansgrohe is set to expire and he has been linked to Deceuninck-QuickStep, Movistar and Israel Start-Up Nation. Brushing the rumours aside...

"For me, the important thing is to be here to do the sprints, be consistent. For my future, I'm not worried. I have a choice, I still have to decide."

-Peter Sagan


Heavy favorite: Simon Yates


"I'm hoping for a clear run this year. Two years ago I made some mistakes in training beforehand, and I did too much too early in 2018. A guy can come from nowhere and win it as I know from personal experience. I will have to be careful, calm and cautious."
-Simon Yates


Knocking on the door: Hugh Carthy


"I've had a podium at a Grand Tour, so why can't I aim for the win? I'm not one of the big, big favourites like Mikel Landa or Egan Bernal but I'm in the mix and I'll take that in my stride."

-Hugh Carthy. 3rd place, 2020 Vuelta a Espana


The Shark of Messina



"The Giro is the race that represents everything for me, the race that has given me the most and the one I like the most."
-Vincenzo Nibali





Look Back at the cannibal: Eddy Merckx. 6 stages & the overall, 1973 Giro d'ltalia


Comments