From tomorrow on, the climbs suit me even better


 

"I'm happy with my form and to see how my legs responded to this first test in the middle mountains. In the end, I attacked, but breaking away was almost an impossible task. I was hoping to get help from another riders but no one came with me. Movistar had the grip on the peloton and I quickly realized that I could not maintain my distance.

In any case, I tried! After my attempt, I was able to finish with the best, which proves that I had measured the effort well without exploding. The climbs for the next two days suit me better, they are longer and steeper. So I can probably try something similar to today."

-Louis Meintjes. 18th place. Intermarché Wanty Gobert



"It was my goal to try to get in the breakaway and defend the jersey. It was really hard with such a fast start but luckily I made it into the break after an hour of attacking.

Tomorrow we will all try again to get in the breakaway to collect some more points and maybe get another stage win! But anyway, I have really enjoyed my time in the jersey so far and we have had a really great race so far no matter what happens!"

-Matthew Holmes. Lotto-Soudal. Current leader in the Mountains Classification

Stage 6 full results




Comments