Living in Andorra


 

"I was really suffering during this Tour and I didn't have the spice in my legs but today I knew it was finishing where I live and I was really motivated for that. It means a lot to be in the Tour de France, much less winning a stage, so it's really incredible. It's hard because we only have five guys, we want to go for stages, and we have Jonas (Vinegegaard) who is riding so strong, today I really wanted to finish the job - from here on out I will be supporting Jonas, it's nice to see him riding so well too."

-Sep Kuss

"With so many strong guys in the breakaway, I think this may go down as one of the strongest breakaways in the Tour de France. As a team, we had two objectives today: the KOM jersey and the stage win. Mike and I tried our best, I just didn't have the legs on the last climb. We lost the polka dot jersey but it's still really close and I think it's going to be a close battle all the way to Paris. I really like riding with Mike. We work well together, and we have a really good relationship. Now, we are going to enjoy the rest day tomorrow and then make a plan for the final week."

-Dan Martin. 8th place

"I expected to suffer after my efforts yesterday. The Port d'Envalira was very tough: luckily there was a headwind to delay at times. I don't think I was clear enough for the descent anymore. It's frustrating because that's where I got let go. But it was mostly because I was into it. I'm done with my guts at the end but it's still a tough day. When you've given your all, you can't be disappointed. I am at my level. For the rest of the Tour, I will take stock tomorrow and see how I have recovered."

-Guillaume Martin, 9th on GC


Stage 15 results





Comments