in the hot seat & a barbecue

 

Max Walscheid


"It was nice to finally be in the 'hot seat' at the Tour. That was my goal going into the ride, to have the best time when I rolled over the finish line and I achieved that so I am happy. Now for Paris, which I'm really looking forward to. To ride on the Champs-Élysées on Mandela Day is going to be very special."

-Max Walscheid. Team Qhubeka NextHash, 17th place.




Andre Greipel announces his retirement at the end of this season. The Gorilla has won seven stages at the Giro d'ltalia and four at the Vuelta a Espana, where he took the points category in 2009. He has ridden every Tour since 2011, winning 11 stages including two, in 2015 and 2016, in the traditional final stage along the Champs-Élysées. On Sunday, in Paris, Greipel has one last chance for his farewell victory.

"Tomorrow's stage will be definitely my last in the Tour de France. I am super happy with what everything I have achieved together with my teammates. I'm not looking back in anger, but I am looking to the future with a lot of happiness because I can do what I want. I can suffer when I want. I can spend time with my family from now on. I hope somehow to stay in the cycling."

-Andre Greipel

"Today, our main focus was on tomorrow's final stage in Paris. We have one big goal  to set up Andre Greipel for a last stage win in the Tour!"

-Rik Verbrugghe. DS Israel Start-Up Nation


"Winning a TT on the Tour de France was one of the biggest goals of my career. So I'm super happy. This course suited me more than the first one."

-Wout Van Aert









Laurent Fignon, Lucho Hererra. 1984 Tour de France

Comments