There is nothing to hide

 




After 207km-long stage 19, breakaway rider Matej Mohoric had some time to think of how to celebrate his second stage victory and decided to zip his lips to quiet the doubters after Bahrain-Victorious were raided by police in Pau last Wednesday night.

"On paper, it was a day for the sprint, but I wanted to make sure I was ready to go in any move. When I heard another group was coming over, I knew that they would also be making a big effort to close us, so I remained calm. In the end, it was about following the right move, and when Pollit attacked, I countered and was able to make a gap. I was suffering in the last ten kilometres, but I just kept fighting till the finish.

I am so happy not just for me but the team. We had a hard couple of days, but it just brought us closer together and to keep fighting. I'm super proud of this win, this team and what we've achieved at this race.

I was thinking mostly about what happened two days ago when I felt like a criminal with all the police coming to our hotel. From one point of view, it's a good thing because it means there's still control over the peloton and they are checking all the teams and of course they didn't find anything because there is nothing to hide."

-Matej Mohoric







Comments