I hope to be the salmon king tomorrow

 

New leader

Ben Hermans took Saturday's queen stage 3 and the overall lead of Arctic Race of Norway. He knew the final approach having won the climb to Malselv in 2015. 

"When I say that they couldn't attack me anymore. I knew they were finished and I thought it would be best to go for a long sprint. I was actually surprised that there was still someone, Eiking, who came up on my side but I managed to hold him off to take the win.

It would have been better to win with a bigger margin so the bonus seconds wouldn't be in play tomorrow. Now, we have to be really attentive but luckily we also have some good sprinters who can go for the bonus seconds. It will definitely be another interesting stage and I hope to have a good day again tomorrow!"

-Ben Hermans

"It wasn't harder than yesterday to be in the breakaway. The group wasn't going as fast as yesterday. I felt strong today as well. Today was a good day for the legs and my head. Today I was able to enjoy the great view and the nature. I'm not the salmon king yet but I hope to be the one tomorrow. It won't be easy. I'm not going to get the jersey for free."

-Fredrik Dversnes

Stage 3 results





Comments