It's instinct & victory fruit flan

 

Today's frontpage


"I told Julian to follow the attacks and then counter. He did the opposite, he attacked several times on his own. So it was his instinct that spoke. He scared me anyway, the idiot."

-Thomas Voeckler. Manager of the French National Team

"In the finale the fans were asking me to slow down and they didn't have nice words... I want to thank them because it really motivated me. I just wanted to shake it up, I did not think it would eventually stick. I came here relaxed, knowing I had good legs. But I was not even dreaming of winning a rainbow jersey again."

-Julian Alaphilippe becomes the first French rider to win back-to-back world championships.

Results
















"I totally speechless. I can't believe it. It is a dream after a really long season. The team were fantastic. I beat Marianne Vos."
-Elisa Balsamo is the women's road cycling world champion after she beat former champ Marianne Vos in a sprint finish. 


Alison Jackson


"I'm really excited about today's result. But it's just bittersweet because I really saw the podium within my grasp. Today on the circuits I was so confident in the team, Leah (Kirchmann) and Karol-Ann (Canuel) told me that they believed in me, this course was built for me and I've been riding super well, and they wanted to support me. When you have the backing from these girls it just gives you that extra spirit. 

I just knew that I had fire in my legs, I'm really happy how I raced, it was really smart. It got a bit messy just in the final sprint: I really would have loved to be on the podium, but I've got to be happy with a sixth-place
 for Canada. The whole team has been working really hard, from the managers to the soigneurs, the mechanics, 'Super Wes Chef'. I'm really excited to take this form into the next 12 races I have right through to the end of October."
- Alison Jackson. Canada's top finish in sixth.







Comments