Superman on the Queen stage

 





"It was a long time for me already since I wanted to win again in La Vuelta. It's been four years since my last success here, and achieving it on the Queen stage makes me so happy. We're only five now in the race, and we're missing Carlos, Alejandro and Jacobs so much. However, everyone still here puts a lot of work to make up for the losses. It's been so beautiful to pay the teammates back for this."

-Miguel Angel Lopez


"We knew that, if it was me who attacked, the most likely thing would be Primoz going after me, while Miguel Angel would be given that sort of margin to go for the stage. Once he jumped, even if I wanted to also try, I had to respect my teammate and the whole team for their incredible job. Saturday's stage - tomorrow's will also be one to keep an eye at - will be again hard, and anything can happen. We must try and get as much rest as possible tonight, see what happens tomorrow and then think about the weekend."

-Enric Mas. 3rd place, 2nd overall


"I'm happy to keep the KOM jersey in DSM. Since I was there I had to pick up the points because we want to win the jersey. It doesn't matter who it is. It's just as a team we want this jersey at the end of La Vuelta."

-Michael Storer. KOMs leader


Five remaining


On top: 1. Michael Storer (59pts) 2. Romain Bardet (54pts).


Stage 18 Results





Comments