Val di Snow

 

First World Cup win for Fem Van Empel



Val di Sole the Italian resort in the Trentino region is already famous for mountain bike and ski racing. Now, UCI is wishing for 'cross to become a part of the Winter Olympics. Let's hope this wish comes true.


"I thought only, 'Push, push, push to the finish line. It was a goal before the season."
-Fem Van Empel

"I think me and Eli Iserbyt made a lot of mistakes in the final. As it was freezing and the ruts were freezing, it was really tricky, really technical. I just tried to stay as concentrated as possible. It worked pretty well. The snow was very different to what we are all used to. It's a good start towards getting cyclo-cross in the Winter Olympics. But I'm looking forward to the mud because that's more my thing and I prefer it to the snow and the sand."
-Tom Pidcock




Snow women podium: 1. Fem van Empel (Ned) 2. Marianne Vos (Ned)  3. Maghalie Rochette (Cdn Second podium so far this season)




Snowmen podium: 1. Wout Van Aert (Bel) 2. Michael Vanthourenhout (Bel) 3. Tom Pidcock (UK)





Comments