On the World's road to Fayetteville

 

Maghalie Rochette puts in the mileage for Fayetteville


I'm looking forward to watching this Saturday's 2022 UCI Cyclocross World Championships in Fayetteville, Ark. There will be a record 26 Canuck cyclists represented. And, the Canadian women will be looking for glory. 


"My return home was good and since then I've been able to get in some solid training to sharpen up the form before the big race. I'm feeling excited and confident. It's cool that the race is finally upon us, after spending so many days and training sessions thinking about it. For me, I approach it kind of as a celebration of all the hard work and preparation that went towards it."

-Maghalie Rochette. 

"The trip back to Canada went very smooth. Once we go home we made sure to keep our contacts to a minimum to stay healthy before leaving to Arkansas for the worlds. The weather in Canada was very cold so training consisted mostly of roller rides, runs, weights and snowshoeing. We are now in Arkansas and it's nice to be able to ride on the roads. I'm very excited to race next week and give it my all, and I'm especially excited to cheer on all the Canadians and watch the best in the world race again."

-Isabella Holmgren. Along with her sister, Ava the sisters are heavy favorites for the rainbow jersey in the junior category. 



Comments